Working at Braemar
At Braemar staff are valued and supported in a collegial environment as they provide highly engaging and relevant experiences for our students. The College values the continued professional development of staff and has leaders who will coach and support individual growth. The College is underpinned by values of kindness, integrity and respect, and staff are supported in their individual wellbeing including having access to an employee assistance program.
An exceptional environment with two campuses under fifty minutes from Melbourne and similar to Bendigo, including an easy country drive, where parking is readily available. This is an incredible opportunity to join Braemar College, which provides a highly supportive and comprehensive learning experience for students.
The position is part-time and ongoing. Commencing on the 25 January 2024. The time fraction is envisaged as 30% and works three days in a 10 day cycle.
The College seeks an outstanding teacher who is a dedicated educational professional with a passion for education. It is expected that you will:
- Have an enthusiastic approach to the education of young people including a focus on developing skills and underpinning knowledge.
- Embrace developing curiosity and problem-solving in our learners.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the Food Technology curriculum through to VCE.
- Demonstrate the ability to work and plan collaboratively with teaching teams.
- Show a willingness and the capacity to contribute to the wellbeing of students.
- Display innovation in curriculum and collaborative learning approaches.
- Have a tertiary teaching qualification that enables you to teach Food Technology along with the strong culinary skills and passion for food.
- Display an individual learning disposition that strives for continual improvement.
- Be a current VIT registered teacher.
In addition, the preferred applicant will have an understanding of and commitment to, the ethos of Independent Schooling and a willingness to contribute to College events and adhere to the College's 'Child Safety Policy'.
What we offer:
In return for your dedication, you will be rewarded with an attractive salary including ongoing opportunities for professional development also including.
- Excellent facilities and resources, we have a fully equipped commercial kitchen and are an RTO.
- A collaborative team environment.
- Very competitive salary structure, inclusive of leave loading.
- Access to relevant and interesting professional learning opportunities.
- First Aid Training.
- Access to Employee Assistance Program.
- Access to salary packaging, and options to maximise your salary.
- The opportunity for work-life balance.
Please provide a cover letter, resume and the names of referees to Robyn Baddeley, Human Resources Manager.
Applications should be made as soon as possible using the "apply" option.
Apply now to join the Braemar College community and join our vision where through relationships we engage, stimulate and challenge every student, inspiring exemplary personal outcomes.